Saturday, May 31, 2008

*******



It's a beautiful mornin' ahhh
I think I'll go outside a while
An jus' smile

~the rascals




20080530_1707awm


*****

20080531_1714-2

Yes. It was a morning very much like this morning.
Twenty- six years ago.
When my perfect boy arrived.

The day was crisp and bright.
It was a Monday; Memorial day.
And it was Chicago.

All my hopes were wrapped up in this red-headed angel.

He was all I needed....for the rest of my life....for ever and ever.

It was love.

I sang to him and read to him and nursed him and bounced him.

I wasn't sure I could love another.

But I could. Easily and heartily.

20080521_0666-2

And that's the joy of motherhood.
That immense love.
That all encompassing, never wavering, heart breaking love.

And heart breaking is part of the deal, I've found.

When they go away,
when they don't believe in themselves
when they struggle
when they learn....

It's the hard part.

But this mother's heart is full and strong and resilient.

It has to be.

Because motherhood is not for the faint of heart.

20080521_0687-2
Happy Birthday, birthday boy.

I believe in you.

Be always coming home.


With love,
Mom


*****
Ursula K. LeGuin
Love doesn't just sit there, like a stone; it has to be made, like bread, remade all the time, made new.


Willa Cather
Where there is great love there are always miracles.

Mother Teresa
It is not how much you do, but how much Love you put into the doing that matters.

20080530_1690oskfast


Love one another,
Donna

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello. So nice to see you. Would you like to leave a comment? Be very kind.