Monday, March 22, 2010

Come and Get it!


DSC_5043

On Friday Patrick and I went to Chipotle for lunch. (He went to Cousin's Subs)
I had seen the owner of Chipotle on Oprah last week and I liked his ideas of using fresh and
natural food for his 'fast' food. I like his ideas very much.

If you have watched Food Inc. and wondered where you could eat out...ever again....
this might be the place for you.

Anyway.

In the same little strip mall as Chipotle's is a Bird Feeder store.
It's not called that....I can't think of what it is called.

Bird's Unlimited possibly.

Patrick came in with me and we came out with our new bird feeding 'station'.

It is rather near the house, so not the best location, but we are gong to see if we can lure the birds closer.
See that pretty blue bird on top.

That ought to convince them to give it a try.

So we wondered how long it might take to get our first bird.
And we guessed a squirrel might be the first visitor.
And we were right about that.

SQUIRREL!


If no birdies feel happy coming so close to the house, we will move it back closer to the trees and the fence.
But to be honest. This is about me.
I want to be able to watch them and take pictures of them and I can't when they are far away.

So we shall try to selfish method and hope it works.



Fingers crossed.







69/365

Camera: Nikon D700
Exposure: 1/5000 sec
Aperture: f/1.8
Focal Length: 50 mm
ISO Speed: 400

Katie is standing at the back door looking out into the bright yard.
I'm stand outside looking in :o)
She is standing out of the glare with no direct light hitting her.

Just so you know.



***

Please pray for Keith, Wes, Kurt and Jeff today.
They need gobs of comfort and peace.


With Love,
Donna


p.s. Patrick removed the price tags.
We don't want the birds to think we are tacky.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello. So nice to see you. Would you like to leave a comment? Be very kind.