Thursday, March 11, 2010

DSC_0034-2trbi




So too the [Holy] Spirit comes to our aid and bears us up in our weakness; for we do not know what prayer to offer nor how to offer it worthily as we ought, but the Spirit Himself goes to meet our supplication and pleads in our behalf with unspeakable yearnings and groanings too deep for utterance.

And He Who searches the hearts of men knows what is in the mind of the [Holy] Spirit [what His intent is], because the Spirit intercedes and pleads [before God] in behalf of the saints according to and in harmony with God's will.

Romans 8:26-27 (Amplified Bible)



Two of my friends have sent me notes in the last week saying that when we are grieving and brokenhearted
we are not obligated to pray if the prayers won't come.
This is when we are lifted up by the community of believers who pray for us.
One of these friends is Jewish, the other Catholic.

Their words lifted a heavy burden that I was feeling.

This morning in the car I heard the scripture I posted today, read on the radio.

I am humbled that He hears my unspoken prayers and
can listen to my heart.


I do not feel alone.
I feel your prayers and God's presence.

Thank you.
Love
Donna

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello. So nice to see you. Would you like to leave a comment? Be very kind.