Monday, March 15, 2010

DSC_4573-3

Friday night I attended a concert with Stephanie Seefeldt and Fernando Ortega.
Stephanie opened for Fernando. She was so happy to be back on the 'stage' at Blackhawk
Church where she was worship leader a number of years ago. The audience was just
delighted to see and hear Steph again! (Stephanie was also very honored to be on the stage with Fernando as he
has been a long time mentor/inspiration/friend to her.)


DSC_4555-3 copy





Steph opened the concert.
Her voice was just glorious.

If I could sing like Stephanie,
I would sing to myself all day long.

She sings beautifully and passionately.

And I don't know why I didn't think of this until Friday night...
but many artists are really much better in person.
The fullness of the sound; the way it
washes over you is lovely.

DSC_4638-3

Yes. Stephanie and Fernando were both so excellent to listen to in person.


DSC_4669-2

Fernando was especially fun to hear and "meet". He was quiet and unassuming when he took the
place at the piano. I liked his first song and his voice right away, But then he started
opening up and sharing stories between his songs and this was utterly delightful.
He is a wonderful storyteller and he was super funny.



DSC_4679-3



Ah. The audience laughed.
Then he would play a beautiful song and tell another story.

It was so much better than an album...er...cd.

What a wonderful concert!!


*******

Blessed Sacrament's Destination Imagination DiBot Team.


Austin wouldn't smile. I have twelves pictures like this.

DSC_4710-2

DSC_4721-3

And one like this. :o)

Ya just gotta say something funny....


DSC_4717-2

That gorgeous woman is Michelle, the coach.
If this was high school, she would get Best All Around because she really is amazing.

(I have always wanted to take pictures of her because she radiates joy.
I just don't usually go up to people and ask to take their pictures...but maybe I should.)

The team preformed their skit and presentation very well.
They came in 5th place out of ten.

We had some sad children for a while there but they were cheered up with their superb instant challenge score: 92.05.

So even tho they do not go on to State they learned so much and had fun for months!!
Next time they will have experience on their side.


*****

Sunday the fog lifted and the sun came out.
I saw my first robin and we went for a walk around the state capital building.
Today, sister Sue starts treatment and her best friends from high school arrive to give her lots of love
and talk about 'old times'. Thinking of you Debbie and Karen....wishing you the best visit.
Kiss Sue for me!


Let us be grateful to people who make us happy, they are the charming gardeners who make our souls blossom.
~Marcel Proust






One last picture of Steph.
My favorite.

DSC_4570sooc=-cr


Encourage one another,
Donna

Miz Boo

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello. So nice to see you. Would you like to leave a comment? Be very kind.