Friday, August 19, 2011

DSC_7780-6

The aperture of this picture is 1.4
Why is so much of Katie's face in focus. Not just one eye or the other?

It is because I am standing back. Further back makes for deeper depth of field (dof)
Try it. You will see.


****


I finished reading The Princess Bride by William Goldman to Katie yesterday.
I read her the good parts version of the good parts version.
Yes, there was some skimming. William Goldman is a big tease and he loves to write something VERY dramatic (like someone dying or someone coming back to life) and then he whisks you away from that storyline onto something else. So we skimmed a lettle....

I have many emotional ties to this book.
Family ties.
Sister ties.
The tragic death of my parents is even tied to this book.

Because Life is Not Fair is the moral to this story.

And learning that lesson is something you don't forget. I really do wish life WAS fair.

"There's death coming up, and you better understand this: some of the wrong people die. Be ready for this....
the wrong people die, some of them, and the reason is this; life is not fair."


dan.

Still don't like it.
I know I am suppose to be above this. My faith tells me so.
But death still stings. A lot.

And that's just the cotton pickin' truth.


***

Then we watched the movie. The movie is so sweet and funny and Inigo's revenge is
just the best. (I'm not suppose to like revenge either.)

Katie was disturbed at first with all the missing parts...but I told her to just watch it and enjoy it for what it was....and she did.

The wedding ceremony is brilliant in the movie. Mawrige. Twu luv. wing.

"Man and Wife." say, "MAN AND WIFE!"


But the fake mustaches. come on. I know Mandy Patinkin can grow a mustache.
What was with that glued on thing? Yikes.

I also think the part where Westley is coming back to life is very nicely written.
(Did you know William Goldman wrote the screenplay? He is one witty dude.)

But while Westley was being a bobble-head outside the castle, he reminded me of someone I love....


matthewwestley


Matthew!!

Isn't that something? Twins I tell ya :o)





I love Mandy Patinkin.
He is so passionate and has a gorgeous voice.


Encourage one another,
Donna


p.s. wisps does not have an 'h' but whisks does.
just thought you'd like to know.









No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello. So nice to see you. Would you like to leave a comment? Be very kind.