Monday, August 05, 2013

A Wausome weekend :o)

Katie and I drove up to visit Cindy and Pat (Cindy's boyfriend) over the weekend!  Katie was longing for a little Northwoods visit and I am always happy to see my sister.  Sister Nancy came down to visit on Saturday morning and it was wonderful to see her too.

400 block. Wausau.


3/7 sister fun #love

Katie and aunt Nancy


My first apartment. You can call me Mary. #MTM

This was my first apartment.  I lived in Wausau for a blink of an eye.  Long enough to meet my hubby.
I lived in the top 1/4 of this beautiful house.  It was utterly charming.

Wausome!  #awesome #wausau

Wausau looks fabulous.
We ate at the Mint.  I texted a picture to Patrick and asked if he had eaten there and he said yes, many times.  neat.

Lake Wausau

Pat's dad let us take his pontoon boat out on Lake Wausau.  Mr Stone is a darling man and always thinking of others.  So is his son.  We loved getting out on the water.  As you can see it was a chilly ride.  It was perfect for me.

DSC_6324



DSC_6330

Cindy spoiled Katie Gracie.


DSC_6375

We hiked around the top of Rib Mountain.  Katie LOVED climbing on the big rocks.
Pat climbed too.  He did not love it as much.

DSC_6377

We got teeny cones on the way home at Briq's.


Rib mountain

I like to hike #wausau #ribmountain



Thank you Cindy and Pat for a fantastic visit!!!
Delicious food, lots of fresh air, many laughs and fun memories!!
Love you.
Mean it.


Encourage one another,
Donna
















20 comments:

  1. Helloooo

    Sitting here with my (iced) coffee, noodling around on the Internet - and suddenly, here you are - poof. Love it.

    And I love these photos. It looks like a perfectly wonderful weekend. Great weather, fun times and Katie getting spoiled. Win win win. I bet the air temp on the lake was deliciously cool. I wish I could experience that right now. Oy it's hot here.

    Beautiful photos - especially you and your sisters.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous11:14 AM

    Glad you had a fun little trip! Nothin' better than a little sister time.

    We are going camping and boating this coming weekend. Can't hardly wait!

    Happy Monday,

    Sarah P. from Iowa

    P.S. If you all could send up a little prayer for my friend, Debbie, I would really appreciate it. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Praying for Debbie.

      Delete
    2. Adding my prayers. Trusting for answers.

      Delete
    3. Anonymous9:24 PM

      Debbie and those who love her are in my prayers.

      Mary Z

      Delete
  3. Praying for Debbie right now, Sarah. God knows her needs!

    Beautiful pics of your trip. Esp love the one of Cindy and Pat. Beautiful sisters, and you got in the pics, Donna. So glad to see your cuteness.

    My two "littlest" are off on a service trip, helping out ministries that serve struggling folks in San Francisco's Tenderloin district. Prayers for Claire and Brennan would be appreciated.

    And my house is s-i-l-e-n-t. So strange.

    Love to the QLCS,
    Di

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Anonymous9:26 PM

      Prayers for Claire and Brennan, too. I hope the trip is all they hope it to be. Love to you in your quiet house, Di.

      Mary Z

      Delete
  4. Anonymous11:53 AM

    Sarah P., I am praying for your friend Debbie. And Diane, praying for Claire and Brennan too- may God watch over them and keep them safe as they work.

    Debbie Z.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Amen. Ditto for Claire and Brennan; Lord, show them the way.

      Di, enjoy the solitude :-)

      Delete
  5. Loving these fun weekend photos, Donna. What a pretty picture of you with your sisters. Looks like a weekend to be remembered.

    This spring/summer has been strange here with monsoons of rain all spring and then hot and dry for summer...except that the last week or so has seen moderated temps and little bits of rain and is absolutely wonderful. Yay! Hope you and Katie enjoy every moment of what's left of summer before school begins again.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Janice3:42 PM

    Missing my sisters and Wisconsin.

    I was good until the Love you, Mean It...

    ReplyDelete
  7. All such wonderful images. My family is on a reunion this week in Pigeon Forge, TN. I knew I couldn't go but oddly, am not that sad about it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Anonymous6:01 PM

    Ha! "My boyfriend"!! and I really do have a hair appt. that 19th! OY! We so enjoyed having you here with us! Come again soon! XOXO

    sis' cindy :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Anonymous9:29 PM

    It does sound like a perfectly Wausome weekend!! And such big smiles from everyone makes for great pictures! And, thanks to you, I'm craving one of those ice cream cones right now! :)

    Mary Z

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ditto!!

    As I peek back in, it's 6:45 a.m. and I would SO love an ice cream cone!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Awww what a fun weekend!!!! Pontoon boats rock!

    ReplyDelete
  12. So jelly. So SO jelly.

    ReplyDelete
  13. That first apartment looks like it was straight out of Love Story. Loved that apt. It was my ideal. Didn't find one when first married, tho. Lived in a teeny tiny cottage. It was cute. But not Love Story-ish.
    Hey! I finally found some red cat eye glasses! You inspired me.
    I love them.
    Actually bought two pairs. One for computer (profile pic) and another pair that is slightly edgier, but red, too.
    Happy camper now.

    ReplyDelete

Hello. So nice to see you. Would you like to leave a comment? Be very kind.