Thursday, August 29, 2013


DSC_6323-3


I want to re post this recipe that I learned from Five ingredient Fix.
Honeydew is in season.

I have made this with regular cucumbers and different kinds of yogurt and without the jalapeno.


It was called Fresh Cucumber Salad.

• 1 English cucumber, peeled and diced
• 1 cup (1/4 whole) honeydew, finely diced
• Kosher salt
• 2 cups Greek yogurt
• 1/4 red onion, thinly sliced
• 1 jalapeno, seeded and finely minced

I used ½ of a large English cucumber, two cups of honeydew,
yogurt to cover and a teeny bit of jalapeno. I am a wimp when it comes to spicy.

But I am so excited to share how much I loved this odd salad.
I haven’t purchased a honeydew melon in so long I can’t even remember if I have ever purchased one!  And a jalapeno…first time ever!

I liked this so well that when I finished my lunch today I made a second batch with the left over ingredients. Very exciting.
It tasted cool and sweet with just the right amount of spice. (practically none)


I highly recommend this delicious, weird salad.

UPDATE: Don't worry about the measurements.  Lots of honeydew, lots of cucumber, enough yogurt to cover.  Also, I put cucumber and honeydew in strainer with some salt and let it drain a bit before adding the yogurt.



Encourage one another,
Donna

14 comments:

  1. Anonymous10:37 AM

    Yum! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! I am going to try it out.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous10:43 AM

    Oh yum. Thank you!

    Sarah P. from Iowa

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous12:43 PM

    My peanut butter and jelly sandwich won't quite make the grade for lunch today after reading that recipe! :)

    Mary Z

    ReplyDelete
  5. How do you eat it? With crackers? Bread? Or just eat?

    ReplyDelete
  6. With a fork. It's like a fruit salad.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks, Donna. Sounds delish! One of my favorite salads has weird ingredients, too. Watermelon, feta cheese, kalamata olives. Mix together and drizzle a bit of EVOO, s&p, italian seasons or basil & oregano. Really really good and so refreshing.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I bet I would like that! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  9. We have received the most delicious honeydew melons in our CSA boxes this summer. Amazing flavor. I am not sure I can save enough to make this salad, but it sounds so good! (Wimp on the jalapeno here, too.)

    Love,
    Di

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yum! Did you add the onion?

    ReplyDelete
  11. Yes. I add the onion.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Delicious sounding. Plan to try it ~

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh my word. I am going to try it out : )
    Is it ok if I leave the pepper out all together? Spicy and me don't like each other at all!


    I have to go on a big diet because I am going to the I heart Faces conference and I will definitely be the fattest person there. I am getting nervous already.

    Thank you for sharing this fun and unique recipe.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Enjoy this refreshing salad for lunch today. Definitely a keeper!

    ReplyDelete

Hello. So nice to see you. Would you like to leave a comment? Be very kind.