Monday, January 17, 2005

Fluff

It's award season again! Emma and I sat down to watch the fashion show that is the Golden Globes. Since I know many of you are not television watchers, I will tell you that the Golden Globes are awards given out by the Foriegn Press. Both television and movies are included.

And the winner is...



this dress.

Portia de Rossi's dress was elegant. The shirring at the top was shiny like silk and pearls rested around her hips. Neither show up in the picture. But my sister Cindy and I ohhed and ahhed when she showed off her dress.

You may be wondering if Cindy lives nearby...nope...we were watching the red carpet together on the phone! It was a blast!

Portia has her hair in a plain pony tail with a black elastic band. (Cindy noticed this detail) We wonder what she was thinking?

My favorite part of the show last night; thank you speeches given by Jamie Foxx for playing Ray Charles and Terri Hatcher for Desperate Housewives.
Both speeches were funny and touching and I cried both times!

Nobody said anything political which was nice...cause when they do I cringe...and change the channel.

Here is a woman wearing a dress that is exactly like one that Princess Diana wore at Cannes.(film festival)



When she walked past the camera I said to Emma, "That is Princess Diana's dress!"
A few moments later the woman wearing the dress explained that she had a copy of the dress made by the same dress maker who made Diana's.

Now... how do I know all about Diana's dresses...
Well, I loved Princess Diana as did my sister Cindy...and that is why I called her...to tell her about this dress!

Diana was our pretty, pretty, Princess.
We just really loved her. That's all.

________________


Emma and I made yummy nachos for the big show, just like a Super Bowl party...for girls :o)

And if you could see what we were wearing you would just shake you heads in wonder!

Donna

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello. So nice to see you. Would you like to leave a comment? Be very kind.