Sunday, January 30, 2005

Romans 8:35

"Who will separate us from the love of Christ? Will tribulation, or distress, or persecution, or famine, or nakedness, or peril, or sword?

Just as it is written,
FOR YOUR SAKE WE ARE BEING PUT TO DEATH ALL DAY LONG;
WE WERE CONSIDERED AS SHEEP TO BE SLAUGHTERED."

But in all these things we overwhelmingly conquer through Him who loved us.

For I am convinced that neither death, nor life, nor angels, nor principalities, nor things present, nor things to come, nor powers,

nor height, nor depth, nor any other created thing, will be able to separate us from the love of God, which is in Christ Jesus our Lord."


I am just thinking of how in the scheme of history how light my suffering and persecution have been. I have indeed been greatly distressed from time to time. But it has been momentary and light, in comparison.

But I still have the promise that is offered at the end of the verse. And I love that promise.

Nothing will ever separate me from the love of God.

He is a 'God who is there.'

"The Lord himself goes before you and will be with you;
he will never leave you nor forsake you.
Do not be afraid;do not be discouraged."
--Deut. 31:8


Encourage one another,
Donna

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello. So nice to see you. Would you like to leave a comment? Be very kind.