Thursday, August 16, 2007

Chenille
I thought you'd like this picture of our summery chenille bedspread.
In the winter, the beds are all covered with down.
But summer arrives and I pull this one from the closet.

It reminds me so much of our grandma Hansen.
In their brick house in Oak Lawn at the end of the hall were two bedrooms.
One for grandma and one for grandpa.
Both had chenille bedspreads.
Always.

When I would go visit, I would always walk down the short, dark hall and peek in at the bedrooms.
Just for a little look at the chenille bedspreads.
I would do this even when I grew up.

One summer on the way to Minocqua I stopped at a wonderful antique store and purchased this pretty bedspread.

Everyday as I make the bed, I think of grandma Hansen.

That's what I like about old things.
They remind me of people I love.


Do you have something very ordinary that sets your heart remembering?
Do you change your bedspread in the summer?



Memory... is the diary that we all carry about with us.
~Oscar Wilde, "The Importance of Being Earnest"


Encourage one another,
Donna

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello. So nice to see you. Would you like to leave a comment? Be very kind.