Wednesday, August 29, 2007

Snack time at the pool.

yum
Carrie chose the fast to eat ice cream sandwich.


snacking
Katie chose two soft cookies.

Carrie finished quickly and dashed back to the sparkling waters.


that hair
I'm having a little trouble here, mom.


Katie is a girl of small bites.
She does not do well with a mouth full.

"Chew that cookie before you go in the water."





summerfun
Happy now.


Splish, splash....

I wish you all could meet me at the pool.
I really do.

I bring along my books and magazines...

But, gee, I would much rather be talking to you.



**************

I asked Katie if she would let me take some pictures of her in something colorful.
This is what she chose!
Emma brought this pretty punjabi home from India for Katie.

katieb

What is the most colorful thing in your closet?

Mine is a scarf that Emma brought me from England.
It is bright pink but not as bright as Katie's punjabi.


I cannot pretend to feel impartial about colors. I rejoice with the brilliant ones and am genuinely sorry for the poor browns.
~Winston Churchill (1874-1965) British politician.



The purest and most thoughtful minds are those which love color the most.
~John Ruskin (1819-1900) English art critic.



Clouds come floating into my life, no longer to carry rain or usher storm, but to add color to my sunset sky.
~Rabindranath Tagore



I wrote most of this blog last night.
And as I lay in bed thinking about it.
I thought if I asked you all what colors you liked and encouraged you to wear brighter colors...

you would be ready to sign me up for that old lady group...
the purple and red group.

And that would be so discouraging.

On Friday night, the waitress at Quivey's Grove asked Emma if Katie could have the ice cream sundae that came with her meal.

As the waitress walked away, Emma looked at me and said,

"She thinks I'm the mom."

And I looked at Patrick and said,

"And that means we're the grandparents!!!"


So I am not going to tell you to wear bright colors.
Cause they are pretty and photograph well.
I'm not.

Wear all the black and brown you want. It's chic.


Encourage one another,
Donna

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello. So nice to see you. Would you like to leave a comment? Be very kind.