Wednesday, August 08, 2007

One ought every day at least,
to hear a little song,
read a good poem,
see a fine picture, and, if it were possible,
to speak a few reasonable words.

~Johann Wolfgang von Goethe




********


I need your advice.

I am taking a meal to a family with a new baby on Friday.

They are scheduled for one spaghetti and three chicken type meals in the next week.
So I do not want to make something with a red sauce or with chicken in it.

So that leaves beef and pork.

Now. It's quite hot. So I will not bring soup.

Oh! I just had an idea.

Taco Salad.

Yum. Doesn't that sound good?

But what goes with taco salad?

How about quiche?

Would you like a quiche with a little ham in it?

If I made a quiche, I would send along some croissants and perhaps a little fruit salad.

Any other ideas?

This must transport well and heat/reheat well.

Any good tips would be greatly appreciated.


*********


I'm going to the Dermatologist today.
I have been putting the cream on my skin cancer and I don't like it one bit.
(The cream is suppose to irritate the skin and make the cancer go away. But it has started to burn and I'm tired of the whole process.)

So I think I am going to ask the PA to cut it out today.

We'll see if she has time. I hope.


**********


And tomorrow I get to go to the eye doctor.
Oh! how I need new glasses.

I have never in my life been this blind before.

I have had to wait a long month for this appointment and I can't wait!

My eyes have gone from just needing cheaters to needing something for distance also.

When you can't read your Tivo.

It's time to get to the Dr.


It's going to be kinda fun picking out frames.
I don't want wild funky glasses but I don't want old lady glasses either.

I want glasses that will make me look pretty and thin and young.


Yeah. I know I'm going to the eye doctor not Miracle Max.


********


tomato
Splitting and dripping yet still green on the top.
I think my thirsty tomato drank too quickly from our long awaited showers.
It was still perfect with a great shake of salt!


Encourage one another,
Donna

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello. So nice to see you. Would you like to leave a comment? Be very kind.