Monday, December 22, 2008

Nine below zero

It was nine below zero yesterday.
At noon.

We dashed to the grocery store and then took a little loop around town so I could attempt to take a picture of what it looked like when it was that cold. I wasn't too successful. But there it is.

I could only shoot three to five pictures at a time each time I jumped out of the car.

20081221_3998-2

Back at home.

Warmer.
Cozier



Patrick and I went to see Slumdog Millionaire on Saturday night. Emma watched Katie while we were away.
Patrick texted Emma and hinted at decorating the tree.

We came home to find....



20081221_3982-2


How I love the extra lights around the door!

Isn't that metal Santa cute?

He is the only Christmas decoration I bought this year.

I like my vintage-y Santa.


20081221_3987-2




20081221_3994-2

If you don't have something in the forefront to focus on to create the bokeh.
Put your camera on manual focus and shoot your picture out of focus.

Fun times.



Slumdog Millionaire




While you can view the whole trailer on youtube, I am only showing you a tiny film clip today.

The trailer gives away too much crucial information and if any of you go to see the movie,
I want you to be in on all of the surprises.

Slumdog is a tale of a young man who is on India's version of "Who Wants to be a Millionaire".
He is a kid from the slums, a street kid.
Yet, he knows all the answers.

We get to learn how he knows each answer.


Even tho this movie is marketed as a 'feel good' movie, much of the film was devastating for me to watch. Jamel has learned each answer in the hardest way. Jamel is a fictional character, but from the gritty (amazing photography) you can see that India is truly filled with little Jamel's.

This is the best movie I have seen all year.





I predict it will win the Academy Award.






The girls are coming to serve with me at Luke House today (food kitchen).
I wonder if folks will come out in this cold?


Encourage one another,
Donna

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello. So nice to see you. Would you like to leave a comment? Be very kind.