Friday, January 16, 2009
Katie of the North
Chesley "Sully" Sullenberger of Danville, Calif.
He is THE MAN.
Our brother Jim is a pilot and I couldn't stop thinking about him yesterday as I watched the Miracle on the Hudson unfold.
Not long after this picture was taken, Jim landed his private plane in the ocean off of Martha's Vineyard.
He radioed to the Coast Guard that he was going down, set his plane down on the choppy ocean, blew up a raft, got in it and was rescued by helicopters.
I am so thankful that Jim was calm and skilled under immense pressure, like Sully.
I do know that pilots think about safety a lot.
It's part of the drill.
It's not a job you can become complacent about, is it?
God bless the pilots.
Hey! It's Friday!
1. Who do you consider a hero?
2. Do you have any pilot's in your family?
3. Have you ever been in a hairy airplane situation? In the air? (I know the airports can be hairy.)
4. Who is the tallest person in your family? Jim is 6' 4"
5. Have you ever seen the Blue Angels or the Thunderbirds at an Air Show?
This is long. But really cool.
(And Lynne, I think I see your house :o)
What is quieter than an F-18?
A karaoke party with 17 nine year old girls.
It's all about your perspective, right?
Wish us well. Party tonight.
Encourage one another,