Wednesday, February 17, 2010




This is just the coolest music.

But what I'm a little confused about the lyrics.
Is chasing pirates akin to making plans or dreaming big dreams?

Anyone?

And how adorable is Nora Jones?




******





45/365

The children at Katie's school dress up for Fat Tuesday.
Katie was all set to go with her Mardi Gras crown.


She will be giving up cookies again this year.
I will be giving up bread and bagels.

I don't know the etiquette behind this giving things up as I am not an official Catholic.

I don't know if you are suppose to talk about it. Katie wondered (on the way to school this morning) what her teacher would be doing for Lent, and I said, I'm not sure it is polite to ask.

Does anyone know this answer? If you give something up for lent, why do you do it?


I was wondering about what the purpose of this 'fast' was and found a quote I liked;


A discipline won’t bring you closer to God. Only God can bring you closer to Himself. What the discipline is meant to do is to help you get yourself, your ego, out of the way so you are open to His grace.
~unknown


What do you think?
About Ash Wednesday?
About Chasing Pirates?



Encourage one another,
Donna

Lost anyone?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello. So nice to see you. Would you like to leave a comment? Be very kind.