Monday, September 19, 2011

The 63rd Annual Emmy Awards were last night.
The writing was atrocious and the musical number was the worst thing I have seen in, like, forever!

I was embarrassed for the actors who said they would take part.
I would prefer bored out of my skull to really really bad skits.
It was squirm in your seat bad.

Jane Lynch was fine when they weren't making her sing and deliver bad jokes.

The announcers on E were good. I liked the pre-game/red carpet last night.
Ryan Seecrest and Guiliana Rancic were nice and normal and have hit their red carpet stride.


Speaking of Guiliana Rancic, isn't her dress lovely?
There was a slew of fabulous red dresses and I am sure this is not the fave of most people, but I liked the feminine
details on the bust line and the soft flowiness of the bottom of the dress.


63rd giulianarancic

Her jewelry was amazing.
But her hair. I don't know what she is doing with that hair color. I have been noticing it and I wish she would just dye it all one color. It's more than roots....what is that?

So she can't win best dressed because of her hair. Sorry dear. So close.


Actress Aimee Teegarden arrives to the 63rd Primetime Emmy Awards at the Nokia Theatre L.A. Live on September 18, 2011 in Los Angeles, United States.

This young girl, Aimee Teegarden, who I have never heard of, is gorgeous!

I love her soft up do.
I love her pretty shaped dress.
I like her makeup. ( a lot but appropriate)
I even like her swim suit line a little...proves she's a real girl.

She is lovely.

emmykellycuoco

Hey! Look. I picked a similar dress. Didn't realize it until just now.
It's different enough for me to share it.

I love this length dress. If I was going to an award show...I would wear this length...if I had a nice figure.
I like the pretty dotted netting.
Love, love, love this silhouette!

Hair and make up a little messy and I'm sorry...I know that all really fabulous people wear them...but I just don't like those stacked shoes.


emmyPadma-Lakshmi

Padma is going trick or treating as an Emmy statue this year. (Look at the statue behind her :o)

She looks so gorgeous to me.

She said she gains 15 pounds every time they shoot a season of Top Chef.
And then she loses it. Of course she does.


emmazooey-091811-3

Zooey Deschanel looked pretty in pink. I love pink with a touch of red or orange.
She wears a retro look very well. I like that.


Actress Aubrey Plaza arrives to the 63rd Primetime Emmy Awards

I liked Aubrey Plaza's dress because it reminded me of Aunt Dorothy.
I love ruffles...any which way you attach em to the dress....ruffles forever!


emmyjanekrakowski

This talented lady, Jane Krakowski, is wearing a GREAT dress. She is too tan, but her dress and figure and hair are WONDERFUL.

This is how you wear a silver dress. Stunning Jane!!!

emmychristina-hendricks

"Hi Stephanie!"


This is how NOT to wear a silver dress.

gah.


This is my choice for worst dressed. I was going to be Julianna M. but this is the worst by far.
The fit. The fake red hair. The pasty white skin. Those dark red lips.

Hated it.

emmyjuliannamargulies66454886

Julianna with her structured top and sleeping bag bottom was a bust. She has nice shoes tho.
And this woman, who I don't even know who she is...well...that dress is just weird.
It has promise but the armpit slit and the belt and the colors do not work together.


My best dressed of the night was Jennifer Westfeldt.


123504465JS300_63rd_Primeti

The color, the style, the flow, the fit...she is exquisite.
The dress is vintage. She didn't say the maker.

But in my eyes, she is the best dressed at the Emmy's.


Do you agree?

(This is one of those fabulous times when we can disagree and no one gets hurt :o)

See you in the comments,
Donna

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello. So nice to see you. Would you like to leave a comment? Be very kind.