Saturday, September 10, 2011

photo-22


My friend Linda invited me to the Quilt Expo in Madison on Thursday.
We had such a nice time looking at everything.

Beautiful quilts.
Odd quilts.
Tiny stitches...some done by hand and lots done by machine.

Things have changed a lot in the quilting world in the last 11 years.

I suppose I feel the same way about machine quilting as many people feel about photoshop.


The quilt above was darling. The tiny nine patches were separated by tiny embroidered squares.
It was really cute and I hadn't seen something like this before.

I hope the embroidery was done by hand...I would be bummed if it was a machine doing those cute, retro designs.


photo-21

This artsy quilt caught my eye. I liked it's modern feel.
The fabrics were hand dyed and hand painted.


photo-19

I was also fond of the wool and applique quilts I saw. I loved these colors.


photo-17

More pretty colors and cute applique.





Our lives are like quilts - bits and pieces, joy and sorrow, stitched with love.
~Author Unknown


Methinks it is a token of healthy and gentle characteristics, when women of high thoughts and accomplishments love to sew; especially as they are never more at home with their own hearts than while so occupied.

~Nathaniel Hawthorne, The Marble Faun, 1859



Happy 9-10-11 friends.

Encourage one another.
Donna

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello. So nice to see you. Would you like to leave a comment? Be very kind.