Thursday, November 18, 2004

Comedy?

From the host of the Prairie Home Companion, Garrison Keilor;

“I am now the chairman of a national campaign to pass a constitutional amendment to take the right to vote away from born-again Christians. Just a little project of mine. My feeling is that born-again people are citizens of heaven, that is where their citizenship is, is in heaven, it’s not here among us in America. …If born-again Christians are allowed to vote in this country, then why not Canadians?”
-found at Semicolon

Well, isn't that funny and mean and right and wrong all at the same time?
It's funny to me because he is right that Christians are citizens of heaven and not the earth. I find it interesting that Keilor understands that. I also find it interesting that the only time I have ever heard this song...

Jesus wants me for a sunbeam,
To shine for Him each day;
In every way try to please Him,
At home, at school, at play.

Refrain

A sunbeam, a sunbeam,
Jesus wants me for a sunbeam;
A sunbeam, a sunbeam,
I’ll be a sunbeam for Him.

Jesus wants me to be loving,
And kind to all I see;
Showing how pleasant and happy
His little one can be.


...was when Garrison Keilor sang it on his show.

It's rather dumb that Keilor wants to get rid of us. What a disaster this country would be without the Love of Christ shining through her people.

Sounds like Keilor has decided against being a sunbeam.

Ah well...doesn't make me mad at him...just sad for him.
Do you think he would like us to pray for him? hehehe

Encourage one another :o)
Donna

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello. So nice to see you. Would you like to leave a comment? Be very kind.