Monday, November 22, 2004

Which would you make?

I am trying to decide which desserts to bring to Thanksgiving dinner. We will be dining with Patrick's whole family.

Of course, I will bring a few pumpkin pies and whip cream.

In the past I would make a graham cracker cake. This is my Grandmother's recipe and our family had it every Thanksgiving. My immediate family is not really crazy about it and they would all rather eat pumpkin pie.

In the past week I have seen Paula Deen cook two amazing Thanksgiving desserts. Both contained pumpkin. One was called a pumpkin gingerbread trifle and the other was called pumpkin gooey butter cake.

Now...what I want to know...

Is this too much of the same, if I make another pumpkin recipe?

Perhaps making the third pie a cherry or apple pie would offer a little variety.

I also thought I could make the trifle with my grandmothers graham cracker cake instead of the gingerbread.

What do you think? What dessert will you be having for Thanksgiving dinner?

Stuffing

I will also be bringing my stuffing. Stuffing or dressing? We have always called it stuffing.

Shall I make it the exact same way I always have or be daring and add a sleeve of Saltines to it? Have you ever done that?

Decisions, decisions!

Planning away,
Donna

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello. So nice to see you. Would you like to leave a comment? Be very kind.