Musical Friday Five
1) What was the first song you remember hearing and enjoying on the radio?
2) If you could only listen to five CDs for a year, which five would they be? (Boxed sets can count as one CD. Sigh.)
3) What was your favorite year, music-wise?
4) If you could witness one historical music event through all time, what would you pick, and why?
5) Do you have a song that never fails to cheer you up? What is it and why does it do that for you?
When we moved to Wheaton, when I was in the 5th grade, I got my own clock radio.
I started listening to music of my choice around this time; mostly at bedtime and around the pool in the summer.
(Midnight at the Oasis...get your camel to bed)
Our parents loved music and we listened with them in the car, on the stereo in the family room, and watched performers on television.
Frank Sinatra, Johnny Mathis and Herb Albert and the Tiauana Brass were very popular at our home.
The first 45 I bought with my own money (given to me by my mother, not earned) was Love is Blue. (I also remember buying Precious and Few)
I also loved American Bandstand! I watched every Saturday.
And well...I watched Soul Train too. Wooooooooooooo.
And the Jackson 5 cartoon...and the Osmond cartoon...and the Monkees....
And there was even a Jewish television show on Sunday morning that I watched....
Oh. my. goodness.
Is there anyone else that watched as much television as me???
Chauncey Gardner, perhaps?
Don't forget to add yourself to the Quiet Life Frappr Map.
Isn't this great fun!
Thanks for playing and thanks for de-lurking :o)
Encourage one another,