Thursday, April 13, 2006

Book Lust

Elson Readers

I have had my eye on these readers for years. It took Lost Classics Books several years to reproduce this vintage set of readers and it looks like they have done a lovely job.

When you go to the site make sure you check out the sample pages.
Oh. They look so great!

Don't you think Katie needs these little readers to be a happy child?

he he

Really, I'm just kidding about that part. But I do think I need those readers to be a happy mommy.




Click the picture to see a larger version.

I happen to adore old illustrations!

Buying books is the reason I do not have a stash of yarn.
Borders Books keeps sending me coupons...and I keep buying books.

They have a Penguin Book deal right now. Three books for the price of two.

I bought Vanity Fair, The Autobiography of Frederick Douglass and The Portrait of Dorian Gray.

Anyway...

Books and Yarn. Yarn and books.

Both so lovely, both so fine.


*******

One of our frequent commenters, Kris from Wi., has had a difficult week this week. Her 15 year old daughter had surgery yesterday and now they are waiting for results. This has been very scary for them but they do feel uplifted by a praying community and have already seen God's hand at work.

Please join me in praying for their family and for a speedy and complete recovery for Leah.

Lord in your mercy, hear our prayer.



Encourage one another,
Donna

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello. So nice to see you. Would you like to leave a comment? Be very kind.