Monday, April 17, 2006

March of the Penguins




I'm glad we waited until Spring to see this movie. I don't think I would have the heart to watch it in the winter.

Burrr....

We all enjoyed this documentary very much.
My only complaint was the mushy personification.

I just don't believe the penguins feel a whole lot of love and joy as the narrator would have us believe.

But boy, those babies were CUTE!

And how about that scary Tiger Seal.
Who knew a seal could be so monstrous looking. Yikes.

The seals at our zoo are silly clowns. Not fierce seals like the one that was shown in the movie. Wow!


*******

We had a very nice Easter. We missed the boys...but at least they were together in Omaha.
I think this was our first Easter without the boys home.

I didn't dwell on it tho...and enjoyed present company :o)

Paulie (Patrick's brother) has been with us this weekend. He is always rather fun to have around. We had a nice dinner with Patrick's sister and her family. Yummy ham and Au Gratin potatoes.

Katie was delighted to play with her cousins for two afternoons in a row.

We went to church in a wild hail storm.
And sang two song that made me cry, big embarrassing tears...in public.

In Christ Alone by Stuart Townend

There in the ground His body lay,
Light of the world by darkness slain;
Then bursting forth in glorious Day,
Up from the grave He rose again!
And as He stands in victory,
Sin’s curse has lost its grip on me,
For I am His and He is mine—
Bought with the precious blood of Christ.


and

He lives!

"You ask me how I know He lives....
He lives within my heart"



Those lines touch my heart for I believe they are true.

I am thankful for hymn writers who can put my thoughts into song.
Very grateful.


For I am His and He is mine,
Donna

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello. So nice to see you. Would you like to leave a comment? Be very kind.