Monday, December 31, 2012

Frosty.

Yesterday this is what it look like as I drove off to get my chai.
To catch the frosty limbs one must take pictures early.  The sun melts them quite quickly.

Katie and I were up and ready to do something by nine because Ginny dashed out the back door.  Again.  She thinks this is great fun.  I. do. not.

I told Katie.  We are NOT chasing her.  People say she will come back.
Katie cried.  Not having Ginny in her sight makes her terribly fearful and anxious.
I tried to be brave and believe.
After 15 minutes we got in the car and drove down the road.  As we neared our home
we saw Ginny running toward us, from the direction of our house.  She had come back home.
BUT she was way too wound up to get in the car or even come and get a piece of cheese. (her favorite treat)
She dashed away.  We pulled in the garage and left the door open and some cheese on the ground.
She snuck close enough to grab the cheese and the ran like crazy.
We did not chase her.
Five minutes later we got in the car again. We drove around the block.  The route of Katie and Ginny's walk.  We did not see her.  We closed the doors this time and went in the house.

Ginny was hooked up to her lead in the back yard.

A kind neighbor must have caught her and put her back.

Other people's labs do not run.  Ours loves to run away.

It's all fun and games until you get hit by a car.


DSC_9030

This is what the back yard looked like yesterday.


****

I finished Barb's Koigu Ruffle scarf (Churchmouse Classics)

DSC_9032

DSC_9044

I have not pressed it yet.
Where is my iron?

Even unpressed it looks very similar to the picture on the pattern.
It's small and looks better on Katie's skinny neck.


***

I ordered my Christmas/New Year cards and made myself a calendar yesterday to distract myself from the disappointing play of the Packers.

I used Mpix again.  The cards were 1/2 the price of Minted or Tiny Prints.  That was with no special offers.  The calendar was 20.00 but I used them last year too and the quality of the photos is wonderful.

Tuck that away for next year.

Yay Mpix.



Happy last day of 2012.


“The best things are nearest: breath in your nostrils, light in your eyes, flowers at your feet, duties at your hand, the path of God just before you. Then do not grasp at the stars, but do life's plain common work as it comes certain that daily duties and daily bread are the sweetest things of life.” 
 Robert Louis Stevenson



Encourage one another,
Donna