Saturday, November 03, 2007

The Daily Katie.

20071102_1045



********



I have been thinking of Elisabeth Elliot lately.

Tammy's comment in the comments yesterday caused me to pick up one of her books of essays.
I have three of her books in the basket next to the computer. Along with a little flip calendar of hers that sat on my window sill for years.
It is worn and says in red letters : You Are Loved

Here is the November 3rd entry;

Christianity teaches righteousness, not rights.
It emphasizes honor, not equality. A Christian's concern is what is owed to the other,
not what is owed to himself.
Discipline: The Glad Surrender, p. 85

"Owe no one anything
except to love one another."

Romans 13:8


********


Here are two small poems from Elisabeth's book Secure in the Everlasting Arms;


Help me to live this day quietly; easily;
To lean upon Thy great strength trustfully;
restfully;
To meet others peacefully, joyously;
To face tomorrow confidently, courageously.

~unknown



Elisabeth tells a young housewife this;

Our love will fail, our heart will balk, we will fret. But our very powerlessness is the place where His power is manifested,
where His all-sufficient grace is given.

The trivial round, the common task,
Will furnish all we ought to ask--
Room to deny ourselves, a road
To bring us daily nearer to God.



And you know, that is my prayer for my children and my loved ones in need. I pray...draw then near God.

Draw them near.

I do not know what circumstances are best to help grow them.
What God is doing in their lives.

But I do know it is always the best place to be.

Near to God.


Encourage one another,
Donna

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello. So nice to see you. Would you like to leave a comment? Be very kind.