Monday, June 30, 2008

20080627_2776-2


I read this over the weekend, at Flickr, of all places and thought it was beautiful and true and even
encouraging.

I'll bet you have read it before.






"The majority of us lead quiet, unheralded lives as we pass through this world. There will most likely be no ticker-tape parades for us, no monuments created in our honor. But that does not lessen our possible impact, for there are scores of people waiting for someone just like us to come along; people who will appreciate our compassion, our unique talents. Someone who will live a happier life merely because we took the time to share what we had to give. Too often we underestimate the power of a touch, a smile, a kind word a listening ear, an honest compliment, or the smallest act of caring, all of which have a potential to turn a life around. It's overwhelming to consider the continuous opportunities there are to make our love felt."

Leo Buscaglia




And in looking for that quote to copy and paste here,
I found a website full of quotes.

I could have written this one.


If each of us sweeps in front of our own steps, the whole world will be clean.
Johann Wolfgang von Goethe




When I was in college I took courses in German studies instead of taking a language course.
We studied Goethe and Faust the whole semester.

So when I'm looking at quotes, I often wander to the Goethe page.

And really the most valuable thing I learned about Goethe was how to pronounce his name.





So while I was over there looking at quotes, I wondered what Steven Wright, the comedian, might have to say,
here are two Steven Wright-isms.

(He is the guy who speaks very slowly and has a low voice. Read them like that ;o)



Why doesn't glue stick to the inside of the bottle?


You can't have everything. Where would you put it?



And really, why doesn't glue stick to the inside of the bottle.
That is fascinating.


Let me know what you find out.



Encourage one another,
Donna

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello. So nice to see you. Would you like to leave a comment? Be very kind.