A Christmas Meme....Repeat.
I posted this questionnaire five years ago on this blog.
Lots of people have come and gone since then,
I thought you might enjoy thinking about your Christmas favorites and memories on this
frosty Friday morning.
A Christmas Meme
1. Hot Chocolate or apple cider?
Iced Grande Nonfat Chai please.
2. Turkey or Ham?
Lately it's been Tenderloin.
3. Do you get a fake or real-you-cut-it-yourself Christmas tree?
Real tree. A must.
4. Decorations on the outside of your house?
Very few. One very nice wreath :o)
A Christmasy flag.
Sometimes a few lights on shrubs.
5. Snowball fights or sleddin'?
7. Do you enjoy going downtown shopping?
I would prefer an outdoor mall....like Oakbrook to an inside mall.
8. Favorite Christmas song?
I like most hymns sung in the Christmas season. Big loud singing by a whole church!
Songs that everyone remembers, loves and delights in singing.
Especially when we light the little white candles.
10. How do you feel about Christmas movies?
11. When is it too early to start listening to Christmas music?
I prefer to wait until just a few days before Christmas.
12. Stockings before or after presents?
13. Carolers, do you or do you not watch and listen to them?
Very....very....rarely do we get carolers!!!
14. Go to someone else's house or they come to you?
In-laws come to our house on Christmas Eve.
As children our parents hosted the Christmas Eve party...many of us Glyman girls have continued this tradition.
15. Do you read the Christmas Story? If so when?
My favorite thing is when Katie's whole school recites Luke during the Christmas program.
16. What do you do after presents and dinner?
Watch television...usually sports...
I look around for a movie to watch.
17. What is your favorite holiday smell?
Fresh winter air.
18. Ice skating or walking around the mall?
I hate walking around the mall.
I wish I could skate like I use to.
19. Do you open a present or presents on Christmas Eve, or wait until Christmas day?
We do the relative exchange on Christmas Eve.
Family presents in the morning.
20. Favorite Christmas memory?
When Katie was born...and we came home on Christmas morning.
21. Favorite Part about winter?
How pretty it looks.
Sleeping with the window open and having a cold face and warm bod.
22. Ever been kissed under mistletoe?
Once or twice.
My favorite thing about Christmas are the homecomings, and the love,
and baby Jesus.
Please feel free to answer all or just some of the questions and post them in the comments or on your own blog.
We use to have loads of fun doing these memes back in the day.
Encourage one another,
p.s. When I say happy weekending, I think of MFS.
I am sure she invented that saying.