Wednesday, December 01, 2010

In which I play event planner.



DSC_1139-6

Since we girls had plans for Friday afternoon, I suggested a little outing for Friday morning.
I didn't think Patrick wanted to sit in the nest all day. Since Patrick likes to go for drives around Wi. I thought the short drive to the Burr Oak would be welcome.

It was greeted with as much enthusiasm as when I insisted we climb to the top of this....

DSC_0911
(St. Peter's in Rome.)


Sometimes you just have to listen to me.
I know things.

Like what you need to do when you go places.

Seriously. I know things.

I told the girls, when we were in Rome, "We really need to go to the top. You will never regret it! And every time you see this building for the rest of your life, you will be able to say...I climbed the 400 steps to the top of that amazing building.!"

Take it from me.

Now the burr oak.

Not quite the same as St. Peters.....but....more memorable than watching television.

Ya gotta make memories.

DSC_1136-7

I will remember that it was windy and cold and that Patrick wanted to leave after about one minute...

DSC_1160-8


I will remember Cindy running into a student out in the country at the burr oak....

DSC_1129-7tt

I will remember Emma....


DSC_1166-5


and how Katie liked to run around and jump on the tree and climb on it's roots....

She has all this ten year old energy, you see. The tree was good for her.


Then we went down to the river where Patrick and Katie and I got out and took a look at the river.
Katie and Patrick climbed on rocks.

Cindy and Emma stayed in the car. They said if my camera was staying in the car, they were too.

Funny.



***

Now! If only I can use my powers of persuasion to get my husband to go see the fountains at the Bellagio in Las Vegas....

He has been there three days already and I am trying to plan his events from afar and it's not working so far. But I absolutely, positively know he would LOVE it if he hiked on over there.

Those fountains are the ONLY thing I would want to see in Vegas!

I wish he would listen to me.


I happen to know things.




pretty music.....


Happy Wednesday!

Encourage one another,
Donna

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello. So nice to see you. Would you like to leave a comment? Be very kind.