Saturday, February 28, 2004

30 Hour Famine



Our 14 year old daughter, Emma is participating in World Vision's 30 hour famine today. She started yesterday at 9:30am...and will get to eat again at 3:30 this afternoon. Fifteen teens from her youth group are participating this year. They do not eat in order to raise money for starving children and to empathize a bit with their suffering.
I will go over and help feed the teens at 4:00. They are fortunate to have lots of food to eat...after they have fasted!
Emma was able to raise $180.00 this year! She made her goal! (She has very generous Aunties and friends.)

"For I was hungry, and you gave Me something to eat;
I was thirsty, and you gave Me drink;
I was a stranger, and you invited Me in;
naked, and you clothed Me;
I was sick and you visited Me;
I was in prison, and you came to Me.

Then the righteous will answer Him saying,
Lord, when did we see You hungry, and feed You,
or thirsty, and give You drink?....

And the King will answer and say to them,
Truly I say to you, to the extent that you did it to one of these brothers
of Mine, even the least of them,

you did it to Me."

-Matthew 25:35-40

Amen,
Donna

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello. So nice to see you. Would you like to leave a comment? Be very kind.