Thursday, February 12, 2004

Everybody Hurts





Sometimes at night I fall asleep in the middle of my prayers...then throughout the night, when I wake up, I continue to pray. There is so much suffering, my prayer list is long. I know I am not alone with my prayers.

"13 Is any among you afflicted? let him pray. Is any merry? let him sing psalms.
14 Is any sick among you? let him call for the elders of the church; and let them pray over him, anointing him with oil in the name of the Lord:
15 And the prayer of faith shall save the sick, and the Lord shall raise him up; and if he have committed sins, they shall be forgiven him.
16 Confess your faults one to another, and pray one for another, that ye may be healed. The effectual fervent prayer of a righteous man availeth much."
-James 5: 13-16

Kolbi wonders how God's Will and our fervent prayers work together. Good question. I don't have the answer to that one and I chalk it up to "God's ways are not our ways."

Verse 15 is certainly speaking of healing the sick
But could verse 16 be speaking our OUR hearts? Could the effectual fervent prayer of a righteous man availeth much...in our own hearts. As prayer changes us and we are conformed to the image of Christ.

Christ was always looking to and communing with His Father in Heaven.

______

Here is a portion of an email I read yesterday. The letter is from a college student in Spain to a High School senior in Wisconsin. Chad is in a coma.

Chad- I went to the biggest cathedral I could find and prayed for you today, so I know God heard me. Keep on fighting bud.
-E.

Prayer changes us.

Comfort

Here are Hannah Whitall Smith's words about comfort;

Why are we not comforted?
The remedy for this is plain. If we want to be comforted, we must make up or minds to believe every single solitary word of comfort God has ever spoken;
and we must refuse utterly to listen to any words of discomfort spoken by our own hearts,
or by our circumstances.
-The God of All Comfort


Comfort one another,
Donna




No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello. So nice to see you. Would you like to leave a comment? Be very kind.