Tuesday, February 03, 2004

You're my knight in shining armor

Yesterday, Tam left a comment that has me thinking. She spoke of her husband...

"The lack of integrity and self-respect in the working world is a constant source of grief for him. When lying is not only common but "usual and expected" business practice, a Godly man becomes a nuisance and an obstacle very quickly."

It is a difficult world out there for our husbands. In ways I know I am not aware of. It looks like they need encouragement too.

Elizabeth George has an lovely way of explaining our role as wives in her book Beautiful in God's Eyes.

"God's beautiful Proverbs 31 woman was the sparkling jewel in her husband's life! She brought the love, the color, the joy, the life, and the energy to the home. Yes, life was bleak in Israel, and every day life focused on just surviving in that dry, rugged land,...In fact, with God's beautiful woman beside him, he possessed treasure untold."
p. 24

Did you ever think of your role as a wife like that? I never did.
I would like to be that sparkly jewel in my home. It's possible, I know, with a teachable heart...
_____________
Here is my husband and I in a few years.






"You're my knight in shining armor, and don't you forget it. You're gonna get back on that horse, and I'm going to be right behind you."--Ethel to Norman

"I don't like horses."--Norman

On Golden Pond is the most lovely picture of a husband and wife I have ever seen in the movies.
I just saw parts of it again yesterday on television...everything Norman say is so funny. Ethel perfectly loves and understands her cranky husband. She is the love, joy, color and energy in her home.
It's great!
__________________

Here is something from Elisabeth Elliot on the subject;

For Our Husbands

Lord, grant me the vision of a true lover
as I look at _______.
Help me to see him through Your eyes,
to read the thoughts he does not
put into words, to bear with his human
imperfections, remembering that he bears with mine
and that You are at work in both of us.

Thank You, Lord, for this man,
Your carefully chosen gift to me,
and for the high privilege of being heirs together
of the grace of life. Help me to make it as easy
and pleasant as I possibly can for him to do
Your will.



Encourage one another,
Donna


No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello. So nice to see you. Would you like to leave a comment? Be very kind.