Tuesday, February 24, 2004

Book Review



"Once upon a time there was a little baby named Stellaluna. And she was two years old. One day she growed up, as a big bat, when she ate the juciest fruit of all, that her mom found. The end."
Katie, 4 years old

Although this book has been around for a while, it was new to us. Great Science....very gentle tone.
Perfect for a four year old.

We also like


by Dick King-Smith (author of Babe)

Which brings me to...

Narrator: And though every single human in the stands or in the commentary boxes was at a complete loss for words, the man who in his life had uttered fewer words than any of them knew exactly what to say.
Farmer Hoggett: That'll do, pig. That'll do.

The best Talking Animal movie ever :o) I usually hate talking amimals...I love Babe.

My favorite scene in the movie is when Farmer Hoggett dances to cheer Babe. (Watching Anyone dance just cheers me up for some reason)

"If I had words to make a day for you,
I'd sing you a morning golden and new.
I would make this day last for all time,
Give you a night deep with moonshine."

Of course this song (and dance) does heal Babe's hurt feelings...wouldn't it heal yours :o)

Sing and dance with someone today.
Donna










No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello. So nice to see you. Would you like to leave a comment? Be very kind.