Friday, December 10, 2004

Festive Friday Five

Katie, Emma and I decorated today. The girls really love bringing out all of the pretty Muffys, Santas, and the Nativity set.

So here are a few questions that came to mind this week...

1.What is your favorite decoration to take out to display?

2. Done shopping yet?

3. What do you do on Christmas Eve?

4. Tell us about the weirdest appetizer you remember eating or serving? I have to ask this cause we have a doozy!

5. Share your best childhood Christmas memory, please.




This is my favorite decoration to bring out every year. Imagine my delight when I took this picture and spotted an additional Mary and Joseph. Katie's precious touch.

I need to toss some greenery around to make it look a bit nicer. And not so bare.

__________________

Our wonderful quaterback is being even more wonderful off the field.
Brett Favre's wife is being treated for cancer and is currently going through treatment. Brett shaved his head today so that Deanna will not be alone with a bald head. Click here to read more about this man and his wife, and to see his new 'do'.

___________________

Thank you for your prayers. I know God hears.
I imagine the prayers going up to God from all over the world. It reminds me of the beginning of It's a Wonderful Life.



"Series of shots of various streets and buildings in the town of
Bedford Falls, somewhere in New York State. The streets are
deserted, and snow is falling.

It is Christmas Eve. Over the above scenes we hear voices
praying:

GOWER'S VOICE
I owe everything to George Bailey. Help him, dear Father.

MARTINI'S VOICE
Joseph, Jesus and Mary. Help my friend Mr. Bailey.

MRS. BAILEY'S VOICE
Help my son George tonight.

BERT'S VOICE
He never thinks about himself, God; that's why he's in trouble.

ERNIE'S VOICE
George is a good guy. Give him a break, God.

MARY'S VOICE
I love him, dear Lord. Watch over him tonight.

JANIE'S VOICE
Please, God. Something's the matter with Daddy.

ZUZU'S VOICE
Please bring Daddy back.

CAMERA PULLS UP from the Bailey home and travels up through the
sky until it is above the falling snow and moving slowly toward a
firmament full of stars. As the camera stops we hear the
following heavenly voices talking, and as each voice is heard,
one of the stars twinkles brightly:

FRANKLIN'S VOICE
Hello, Joseph, trouble?

JOSEPH'S VOICE
Looks like we'll have to send someone down –– a lot of people are
asking for help for a man named George Bailey."


That's how I imagine your prayers today.

Bless you all,
Donna

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello. So nice to see you. Would you like to leave a comment? Be very kind.