Monday, December 27, 2004

Reflections

I read an interesting article last night on the value of blogging.
It is written by a very respected and learned man, R.C. Sproul Jr.
Here's the link to his article.

Two quotes from the article;

"Books change people's lives. Blogs change people's moments."

"I'm just reminding me, and perhaps a few dozen of my friends, that real life is real."

Yes, yes, proper perspective is always a good thing.


The main reason I started keeping a blog was this;

Older women likewise are to be reverent in behavior, not slanderers or slaves to much wine. They are to teach what is good, and so train the young women to love their husbands and children, to be self-controlled, pure, working at home, kind, and submissive to their own husbands, that the word of God may not be reviled.
Titus 2:3-5

Therefore encourage one another and build each other up, just as in fact you are doing.
1 Thessalonians 5:11

And even if I don't think I have much to teach and know that there are women much more qualified than I...the Bible verse says to 'just do it'. I decided not to wait until I thought I was holy enough or lovely enough or pure enough.

In this, the year of the blog, I have grown closer to my sisters, made new friends, and shared my favorite quotes and scriptures and poems and songs and experiences. And in turn, the same have been shared with me.

For me, the moments have been well spent.

And to tell you the truth, it changed me.
I resolved to stop complaining in 2004.
I have a way to go (especially when driving) but I have come a long way.

"Do everything without complaining or arguing"

I am going to work on the arguing part next year, really!


So, is there value to this pursuit?
I have to say, for me, yes.
The Bible says to encourage one another.
And I hope to do that...in this very small way.

Even just for a moment.

Encourage one another,
Donna

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello. So nice to see you. Would you like to leave a comment? Be very kind.