Wednesday, December 01, 2004

Pays to read all the parts of the quiz before posting it.
Yikes! Sorry 'bout that!

Don't ask Alex Trebek to throw a party!

Ken Jennings finally lost on Jeopardy last night. You have never seen a less enthusiastic send off in your life.

Alex: Oh, well it was going to happen sometime. Bye.

Come On! A few balloons, a little confetti, a kind word of 'thanks' for raising your show's rating 22 points.

Well the show has never been flashy...and they are not starting now!

So long, Kenny, you were brilliant!

Read all about Ken's grand accomplishment here

Serving

Would you like some cheese with your whine?

I have been placed in the position of being a chair of a costume committee. I said, 'no'...but it turns out that I am the only one to do this job.
So after grumbling and complaining about it(only to my family and one friend)...I realized that many times we are asked to serve where we don't want to serve...And we just have to suck it up and do it as unto the Lord.

'suck it up' is not in the Bible, is it?


It is no surprise to God, right?
The ladies I am working with are all very sweet and lovely.
And everything is coming together very, very nicely.
It could have been a lot harder.

I really should be ashamed to have forgotten all of this in the midst of my little temper tantrum.

Even tho I did not want to do this job, ultimately I believe God gave me this job to do.

"Do everything without complaining or arguing so that you may become blameless and pure children of the Lord."

Just a little spiritual reality check for this week!

As Elisabeth Elliot says, even if it is washing a toilet, do it as Unto the Lord :o)

Whiner no more,
Donna

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello. So nice to see you. Would you like to leave a comment? Be very kind.