Thursday, December 02, 2004



Last night I went along with the girls to Awana. I was asked to teach Silent Night to the children in Sign Language for their Christmas program. They did so great.
It looks very pretty.

Later in the evening I signed along to the reading of Henry Van Dyke's The Other Wise Man. It went well, but I was glad there wasn't a deaf person there to see all of my mistakes :o) My fingerspelling is slow so words like Bethlehem were signed Be....m and Jeruselam was signed J....m.

chuckle chuckle

Do you know this story?



This book is the retelling of the Van Dyke story by Pamela Kennedy.

The fourth wise man sets off to find the Son of God with three gems. He is to meet up with the other three wise men. Along the way he must give away the jewels to save the lives of three strangers. After 33 years of searching he feels he has failed.
As he lay dying he hears these words,

"Artaban you have been a good and faithful servant. I was hungry and you fed me. I was naked and you brought me clothes. I was in prison and you visited me."

"Not so, Lord," whispered Artaban. "When did I do all these things for you?"

And the voice answered, "Whenever you helped one of my people in need, you helped me."

________________________

This book is a wonderful read a loud. My Aunt Sunnie sent it to me about ten years ago. Here is the inscription on the inside;

Dear Donna, Patrick, Patrick, Matthew and Emma,
I used to read this story to my children every Christmas Eve and now I read it to my Grandchildren.
And I still cry.

With my love,
Aunt Sunnie

________________________

Tradition is a very good thing :o)

Encourage one another,
Donna

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello. So nice to see you. Would you like to leave a comment? Be very kind.