Thursday, December 02, 2004

Friday Five-All Skate :o)

When you were a child...

1. What did you want to be when you grew up and why?

2. Who was your favorite person to do things with (excluding your parents)?

3. Did you love school or did you hate it?

4. Was your family close?

5. Did you share a bedroom?


My sister Sue and I shared a bedroom when we were in grade school. Actually, until the twins were born (Janice and Janet) when I was nine and Sue was ten. It's funny the memories that really stick with you.

I remember climbing on my dresser drawers and the whole dresser crashing down on top of me.

I remember our mother reading Dr. Seuss to us on the bed. And laughing cause the words were hard to say.

I remember that Sue and I would lie on our beds, hang upside down and try to make one another laugh. Our hair looked so funny upside down and we said really bad words, like do-do.

And I remember Sue and I being sent to adjoining bedrooms because we were fighting. Then we whispered to one another through the vent...to keep one another company and gripe about our punishment.

I remember lavender walls and bedspreads with small bouquets of purple flowers.


What do you remember?

Donna

p.s. All skate is a roller skating term. After only boys skating and only girls skating they announcer would call out ALL SKATE. After three weeks of questions for married folks, I am happy to call out All Skate :o)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello. So nice to see you. Would you like to leave a comment? Be very kind.