Tuesday, December 21, 2004

Thank you for sharing what you are reading. Even the real bits i.e. recipes, sale flyers, and blogs. I guess a few days before Christmas is an odd time to ask that question.

Oh well...I read every night before I turn the light off...so whether it's five minutes or an hour...I always read a little.

And if the book is especially good...it comes down from the bedroom and I tote it around and read it all during the day.


Katie and the Trinity

I discuss the Trinity with Katie often. She is trying to sort out when we say Jesus and when we say God and 'is the baby Jesus, God?' After a few times of discussing this, she understands, I think.

They are One.

I have only mentioned the Holy Spirit to her once. But I'm not going to push it on her. If she can accept that God has two parts...I'm sure she will accept the Third.

Have you ever heard of the Kool-aid object lesson for the Trinity?

Kool-aid in the pitcher looks like it is just one thing. Kool-aid.

Showing a child how Kool-aid is made, with one part sugar and one part water and one part Kool-aid mix is a very good easy way to explain this.

__________________

Who remembers this?

Christmas is coming, the geese are getting fat
won't you please to put a penny in the old man's hat;
If you haven't got a penny, a ha'penny will do,
If you haven't got a ha'penny then God bless you!


Encourage one another,
You are all such an encouragement to me.
Donna

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello. So nice to see you. Would you like to leave a comment? Be very kind.