Saturday, February 03, 2007

The Idita-walk and the Iditarod start today!!!

Who would ever imagine that it would be 30 degrees warmer in Nome Alaska than it is here in Wisconsin!



Today: Mostly sunny and cold, with a high near 4. Wind chill values between -14 and -19. West wind around 14 mph.

Tonight: Mostly clear, with a low around -11. Wind chill values between -16 and -26. West wind between 7 and 9 mph.


Ah well...I have nice big mall to hike around two or so times.
In Nome, I think all the walking must be done outside.

My Time Sheet is up and I'm reading to walk while the doggies mush!

30 minutes a day for 35 days. (The dogs run 30 miles a day for 35 days)

This increases my streak commitment from 20 min. a day to 30 min. a day.

Baby steps. But good healthy steps!

Eleven days after the Idita-walk ends, we fly to Europe.
After our mad dash around Paris and Rome, I hope to come home and start a running program. (Couch Potato to 5K) It will be Spring...and I'm already getting myself mentally ready to try it!

My grandmother started walking five miles a day when she was sixty. She's ninety-three today and we don't know where the hell she is. ~Ellen DeGeneres


ha ha ha


Stay warm!

I wish you robust heaters and wool socks,
cords of wood and cars that start!

Oh yeah.

Big football news!
No, not the Superbowl.

Our hero, Brett Favre, is coming back to play another year.
All's right in our world!


Encourage one another,
Donna

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello. So nice to see you. Would you like to leave a comment? Be very kind.