Monday, February 19, 2007





On day 50 of my exercise streak, I walked outside in the blinding sun and snow.
My eyes started to water and I could barely go on.
But continue on, I did.

My shoes squeaked, which I also didn't like.
(I bought walking shoes(Keen's) to take on our trip to Europe and I could only imagine walking thru the quiet Louvre with my squeaky shoes.)

I wasn't sure if it was my corduroy pants making all the racket. So, I walked with my feet a yard apart to see if it was my shoes or my pants.

It's the shoes.
Bummer.

Once the sun (and the wind) was at my back, I enjoyed the quiet air and listened to two different birds singing in the distance. I heard them but I couldn't see them.
But just hearing them made up for the uncomfortable start to the walk.

I'm glad I got out in the fresh, bright air.
And I'm really glad I stayed out there,
cause if I wasn't streaking and walking the Iditawalk...
I would have turned right around and come home to sit on the couch.

You see, I am not a big fan of being uncomfortable.

But the streak gives me incentive.
It has a life of its own.

I don't feel like this exercising/walking streak is a habit yet. You have all heard of the 21 day rule. Well, I don't feel that at all!

It doesn't seem to fit me.

But this does;



I meant what I said, and I said what I meant:
An elephant's faithful one hundred percent.

Be like Horton :o)


Encourage one another,
Donna

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello. So nice to see you. Would you like to leave a comment? Be very kind.