Monday, February 05, 2007

O, wind,
If Winter comes, can Spring be far behind?
~Percy Bysshe Shelley



Weather conditions:
-16
-31 with the windchill

Those numbers have scared the school systems all over Southern Wisconsin out of holding school today.
A bus breakdown would spell disaster.

I am so thankful for pipes that don't freeze,
a car that starts,
and a trusty furnace.

I have been sheltered living in this country of great abundance.
Sheltered from the daily hardships of the truly poor.

Mornings like this remind me that I need to do more for others.


************


I'm back.
I just went looking for a picture of Siberia. Thought it might be interesting to see what Siberia looked like. I mean, don't you think of Siberia as a cold, desolate place.

Well...it might be.

But I found something much more interesting.

Look at this big hole!





Wow!

If you and your children would like to see more pictures of this big hole in Eastern Siberia, visit this blog


But before you go...guess what was inside that big hole?

I'll tell you in the comments.


Encourage one another,
Donna

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello. So nice to see you. Would you like to leave a comment? Be very kind.