Tuesday, September 30, 2008

20080929_0337-sea


Relinquishment is always a part of the process of maturing. When Christian parents have done all that can be done to shape their children for God, the time comes when the hands must let go. The child, now a responsible adult , must be released. For any parent this is painful, even when the child is moving in the direction the parents prayed for.
The child's continued development, and the spiritual health of the parents as well, depend on the willingness to accept this next stage of the cycle-hands off, ready to part without a struggle, giving up authority and control, entrusting that child to God.

Elisabeth Elliot
A Path Through Suffering





O Lord, whose way is perfect, help us we pray, always to trust in Your goodness, that walking with You and following You in all simplicity, we may possess quiet and contented minds and may cast all our care on You, who cares for us. Grant this, O Lord, for You dear Son's sake, Jesus Christ.

Christina Rossetti






20080929_0339-awm

This little one. Firmly in my greedy paws.
Still shaping and enjoying on a daily basis.

God was so good to me. He knew just what would give me joy....
in my advanced maternal age.



Learning acceptance,
Donna

P.S. I forgot to mention DWTS.
I can't stand the Rumba. Can't quite see the dance in it.
I liked Lance and Lacy...although I HATE that song.
And Warren. He was fab. The man floated across the floor!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello. So nice to see you. Would you like to leave a comment? Be very kind.