Wednesday, October 29, 2008

The Holy Grail



Yes. Yesterday was a really great day.

Besides having a wonderful, interesting discussion in the comments, (my favorite thing about blogging)
this came in the mail.

All the way from Portugal.

20081029_2129

What could Donna be ordering from Portugal, you wonder?

Tungsten? Textiles? Cork?










20081029_2134

Textiles, it is!

This ribbon, this long sought after Rosa Pomar ribbon.

I love this ribbon better than any ribbon I have ever seen in my life.

Funny thing is. I am not a collector of ribbon. I don't intend to sew with this ribbon.

I do intend to tie it on my little 5 x 7 boxes for my clients tho.

I think.

If I can part with it.

But that's the plan.

I think.

Isn't it CUTE!?


****


Today is Halloween party day at Katie's school.

They will wear costumes, parade around the school, have healthy snacks and watch a short movie.

Katie is a girl from the 50's this year.

She wore part of her costume this morning and will put the rest on this afternoon.

I bought her some fun pumpkin earrings at the local pharmacy (which doubles as a huge costume shop this time of year)
With a push of a button the pumpkins light up and flash.

They are dangly earrings.

I told Katie she could wear them today.

And then I took it back.

One look at those heavy earrings and all I could see was INJURY.

I was too scared to let her wear them to school where they could accidentally get....ripped from her little ears.


eww....

I'm sorry about that. But the image was too real to me to let her out of the house.

So I told her I would bring them to the party this afternoon and she could wear them just for the party and the parade.

I don't know if I was being overly cautious, but once that morbid mom thought entered my mind...
there was no going back.

It wasn't gonna happen.

Not as long as she still swings on monkey bars.


*****


Every once in a while a person leaves a comment and leaves their name...and I don't know who it is.

If they have a link....I follow it and say hello or lurk around at least.



Yesterday, Josh left a comment.

A funny, cute comment.


And I don't know who Josh is.

And the fact that Josh is a boy, I think, makes me wonder all the more.



Is it Josh as in cowboy Josh?

Is it Josh as in the guy my son Patrick lives with?

Is it Josh Grobin?

Those are the only Josh's I can think of.


If you happen to stop by today....say hi again and leave us a little clue as to who you are.
Cause I am just sure you are a cowboy learning to use his new laptop....and
I want to know if I am right.



20081025_2107-2
And this skinny pickle wants to know too :o)



Encourage one another,
Donna

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello. So nice to see you. Would you like to leave a comment? Be very kind.