Saturday, October 25, 2008

When we lived in Marinette Wisconsin, we got the daily newspaper.
My husband liked getting the local paper.
I read three parts of the local paper.

The obits
The births
and
The blotter

Just call me nosey.

I was in the season of life when I knew lots of people having babies
and in a small town you know the names of people in the obituaries and the blotter.


We don't get a local paper since we moved to the Madison area.
I don't know many people around here. At all.
So no need to keep track.

I think this is the worst part of being church hoppers.
You don't put down roots and become a serious part of the community, even at church.

Now that Patrick has joined us in the church going, I think we have stopped the hopping, and hopefully
those roots can start to grow. Having Katie at the church school will also aid in this feeling of community.


I am thinking of obituaries today because my sister in law, Susan lost her dear father this week and we will be going to his funeral in Green Bay this weekend.

Susan's father was so kind and gentle and loving and hard working.
He was a man among men.
He was a most beloved father and husband for 61 years.

He loved well and was very well loved.

God bless you Ren.

And as Susan says when we pray...

And may the souls of the faithful departed,
rest in peace.

****

20081025_2087-2
20081025_2088

Linen/Flax hand towel.
Hand knit gift for Sue.
My design.



And as it happens in this world....

It is a day to celebrate too!

Sister Sue was born on this day!

DSC_0662-2

Sue is in the middle.

Not only is she beautiful, she is smart as all get out and is funny and extremely gifted.
She teaches gifted children on a daily basis.
Good fit :o)

Happy Birthday Sue. I love you.


Life of the party, Cindy, is eating some grapes right off the vine :o)

She is all around wonderful, too, as is The Amazing Nancy!

I am blessed with sisters.

Thank you God.


***

And The Blotter.

I will tell you the mystery I was trying to solve.

But it is still not solved.

I had two checks sent to me in the week of Oct 9th.

One coming from Chicago and one coming from Oklahoma.

Neither check made it to my house.

Thankfully, neither check has been cashed.

So either the mailman lost them or they were mixed with the junk-newspapers that come to our house and were tossed unknowingly.

I suppose there are many different scenarios. But these seem the most probable.

Seeing that we have dealt with check fraud and someone stealing mail out of our mailbox in the past,
you can imagine I was very worried. Hearing neither of the checks was cashed was a huge relief.


Phew.

So far.



And so...



To everything there is a season,
a time for every purpose under the sun.
A time to be born and a time to die;
a time to plant and a time to pluck up that which is planted;
a time to kill and a time to heal ...
a time to weep and a time to laugh;
a time to mourn and a time to dance ...
a time to embrace and a time to refrain from embracing;
a time to lose and a time to seek;
a time to rend and a time to sew;
a time to keep silent and a time to speak;
a time to love and a time to hate;
a time for war and a time for peace.

ecclesiastes 3:1-8






Encourage one another,
Donna


p.s. Praying for Jody and Junebug...and for Rosa who my be giving birth right at this very minute.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello. So nice to see you. Would you like to leave a comment? Be very kind.