Monday, October 19, 2009

DSC_5253-2

Here is a picture of Katie and Father Pat.

Our tossed together First Communion was just perfect.

All of Patrick's siblings happened to be in town and Emma was home too.

We did not know until Friday afternoon that the communion would have celebrated on Sunday so I think there
was a divine hand involved.

When Katie went up to take her first communion with her daddy, Patrick's sister was serving as Eucharistic minister so she was serving the wine. So that was very special too.

Katie was so excited. Father Pat wove the first communion into his prayers and message for the day mentioning Katie's name numerous times. This made her beam.

She now looks forward to taking communion twice a week. Once at school Mass and once on the weekend.

It's wonderful to be a full and participating member of a community of believers. She has felt the love and reverence for God at her school and at Blessed Sacrament church. She is delighted to be Catholic.


*****


I am having out patient surgery tomorrow so I will not be blogging Tuesday.

One of the procedures will clear up the feminine problems I have been having over the last five months.
The other is a look see into my bladder.
While looking in my pelvis during the ultrasound, they saw something in my bladder.

This could be a polyp or a tumor or a shadow.

We are praying for a shadow.


I'll post on Wednesday to let you know how things went. But I don't know how coherent I will be.
The doctors act like this is a walk in the park.
I have a feeling I won't be feeling very well and will welcome any pain medication they choose to give me.


Would you put me on your prayer list?
Thank you so much, dear friends.




DSC_5217-2cr

Camera: Nikon D700
Exposure: 0.001 sec (1/1000)
Aperture: f/2.0
Focal Length: 50 mm
ISO Speed: 1000


Katie's new haircut!
She loves it and so do we!



Encourage one another,
Donna

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello. So nice to see you. Would you like to leave a comment? Be very kind.