Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Hey everyone!

Sorry so late.

I was invited to a Bible/book study for this morning and had to leave right from Katie's drop off.
I showered before I went so I was not grimy and because cleanliness is next to Godliness....

Did you ever hear that one?

Perhaps my mother made that one up when she was making me clean in high school.

I know it is not in the Bible...like 'God helps those who help themselves.'
That is not in the Bible either.

Mary and Martha. They are in the Bible and they are the characters that this Bible study centers on.

Having a Mary heart in a Martha World.

I think those of you who know me and have been reading this blog know that I am a Mary thru and thru.

La dee da.


I really do look forward to getting to know this group of women.
I know a few faces from school and one woman is my buddy from the Luke House.
Sister Teresa, the sister who leads the study, is just the loveliest woman.
(With a beautiful mild Irish brogue.)
I hope this is the start of many new relationships.
In real life.


****

And to make my fall day a real treat, I just ate this;






Just one, mind you.


WE MAKE FUNDRAISING EASY AND DELICIOUS!

For over 50 years our delicious caramel apples have been helping Chicagoland organizations reach their fundraising goals. Fresh, crisp apples, buttery handmade caramel all topped with crunchy peanuts... our apples practically sell themselves! Over the years, we helped raise millions in fundraising campaigns, let us help you reach your goal!


We did that!!! At Lincoln Elementary school in Wheaton.
We had this apple sale!

I didn't realize until today it is the exact same apple from the apple sale in 5th and 6th grade.

I imagined that they tasted the same as those apples....but to think it is the same just blows me away!!!

How fun is that?



****

Sneak Peek for tomorrow's sneak peek.


DSC_4891-23cr

What a guy this little Oscar is! So smart and busy and curious and beautiful!

It was in the 30's and he handled the weather like a true Nordic baby.


Hope your Wednesday is off to a great start!

Encourage one another,
Donna

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello. So nice to see you. Would you like to leave a comment? Be very kind.