Thursday, October 08, 2009

Sneezles by A.A. Milne

Christopher Robin
Had wheezles
And sneezles,
They bundled him
Into
His bed.
They gave him what goes
With a cold in the nose,
And some more for a cold
In the head.
They wondered
If wheezles
Could turn
Into measles,
If sneezles
Would turn
Into mumps;
They examined his chest
For a rash,
And the rest
Of his body for swellings and lumps.
They sent for some doctors
In sneezles
And wheezles
To tell them what ought
To be done.
All sorts and conditions
Of famous physicians
Came hurrying round
At a run.
They all made a note
Of the state of his throat,
They asked if he suffered from thirst;
They asked if the sneezles
Came after the wheezles,
Or if the first sneezle
Came first.
They said, "If you teazle
A sneezle
Or wheezle,
A measle
May easily grow.
But humour or pleazle
The wheezle
Or sneezle,
The measle
Will certainly go."
They expounded the reazles
For sneezles
And wheezles,
The manner of measles
When new.
They said "If he freezles
In draughts and in breezles,
Then PHTHEEZLES
May even ensue."

Christopher Robin
Got up in the morning,
The sneezles had vanished away.
And the look in his eye
Seemed to say to the sky,
"Now, how to amuse them to-day?"



****

Katie is staying home today.

She has a runny nose and a cough and the most important thing is we want her to feel better by tomorrow.

I know.... priorities.

I've got em all in the right places.

Katie's dear friend Carrie is coming to town tomorrow and we have asked her to stay with us over the weekend.
This is like Christmas. Except without the baby Jesus.

If you remember, Carrie moved away.
And she took her precious mom, Amy J with her.

So Katie must be well by tomorrow at 3:00 and we don't know if our scheme of keeping her wrapped up in blankets and hydrated will work but excuse me while I go start some vitamin filled chicken noodle soup.

I just read that the broth works on the mucus.

Now. That is a very gross word isn't it.

Mucus.

Ew.

It's right up there with phlegm.

(thank you spell check.)


*****

So what else did I do yesterday?

I went to Whole Foods and bought the most pungent olives I could find. I love their olive bar.
And I bought a sandwich that as delish and some Sonoma chicken salad and some butter in a funny shape (it was on sale)

In fact, it's a real joy to find things on sale at Whole Foods.

That place is really one of my favorite places in the world. I mostly window shop.
The meat is beautifully displayed.
The selections of yogurt and keifer would blow your mind and then
there is the deli....it is the most wonderful deli in Wisconsin.

Not New York style Carnegie deli wonderful. (Some day I will go there and get a pastrami sandwich)

But natural and good and well done Midwest deli.

When I have money. I like to go there.

Guilty. Pleasure.


****

I took a few more pictures of Maria.


DSC_3413-2ed

She was collecting leaves for her mommy.


DSC_3240-2

There.
We shall end this post, which is all over the place, with sweetness and light.

That's the way it should be.




This song makes as much sense to me as the math problem...
but how I love the melody.....

May this tune stay with you all day....

if you like it....




Or this one from my favorite Matilda.

"They're cops, dad!"



Encourage one another,
Donna

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello. So nice to see you. Would you like to leave a comment? Be very kind.