Thursday, May 03, 2007

Some little Awana whippersnapper cruised by my hubby last night as chortled,

"Hi! Katie's Grandpa!"


We knew it would happen.
And it's starting to happen more frequently.

People say, 'having a little one around keeps you young!'

Well, it sure doesn't keep you looking young!

Children have a way of aging you, not quite as severely as the Presidency, but aging occurs.

The aging really seems to escalate once you hit the 40's.

So all of you young ones, under 40, look at yourself a lot now.

Cause really, I don't recommend looking in the mirror after 45.

It's just not good for your self-esteem.

Problem with this is sometimes you go out with smears under your eyes, from rubbed mascara.
Or your hair looks a bit like Don King.

But really, if you can't do anything about it.
Or won't.
Like eyelid surgery and liposuction and botox and showering....

Why bother looking.

Live free.
Toss that mirror.
Stay away from cameras. (cause that is always a shock and a half)

Embrace the denial.

Cause, really, you don't THINK you look like that old person in the mirror anyway.

Steer clear of the mirror.
You'll be much happier.


Now, what are we suppose to do about those pesky little children who call you
grandma/grandpa?


***********

Oh I felt like such a cold hearted snake when Phil was voted off last night.
I wanted him to go go go...
But then he was so nice and sang his final song so well....

Talent wise, it was his time to go.

Honestly, I feel badly for saying I didn't like the way he looked.
I am so mean.

Please forgive me, Phil, for being unkind.

I will watch my words more carefully,
they were certainly not filled with graciousness
and encouragement.


I think I am having a small Dorian Grey moment here...

"I know what conscience is, to begin with. It is not what you told me it was. It is the divinest thing in us. Don't sneer at it, Harry, any more,--at least not before me. I want to be good. I can't bear the idea of my soul being hideous."

and this

"She behaves as if she was beautiful. Most American women do. It is the secret of their charm."


Odd how my two blog ideas fell into a Dorian Grey-esque entry.


I can't bear the idea of my soul being hideous, either.



"Lay not up for yourselves treasures upon earth, where moth and rust doth corrupt, and where thieves break through and steal: But lay up for yourselves treasures in heaven, where neither moth nor rust doth corrupt, and where thieves do not break through nor steal: For where your treasure is, there will your heart be also." (Matthew 6:19-21 KJV)


"Create in me a clean heart, O God; and renew a right spirit within me."
Psalm 51:10


Encourage one another,
Donna- who is grateful to be here,
even if she looks like a grandma.
when she is not and who is ever so
thankful that God is a God of
forgiveness.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello. So nice to see you. Would you like to leave a comment? Be very kind.