Wednesday, June 24, 2009

The first meeting


DSC_2358

Twenty years ago.

This was our family.

The little guy is Matthew. I think he wants to touch baby Emma.
The big boy in the middle is Patrick Jr. He looks just like a Patrick, doesn't he?

Patrick Sr. loves to hold babies.

If we go somewhere and someone has an infant, Patrick will ask to hold the baby.

I never do.

It's weird, I know.

But I think it is quite endearing that Patrick loves holding babies.

And look at little Emma. Oh dear. That little red hair on our little girl.

She was the perfect addition to our family.

This was my life....this was our little family.

Twenty years ago.

I loved being a young mom.
I never wanted to do anything other.


Patrick flew in to town yesterday afternoon.
Oh! It's so good to be together.

He laughs with abandon like me. I could hear it last night.
I loved listening to him laugh.
And he talks more than I remember.
Has something to say about everything I mention.

I had kind of forgotten that or maybe I never realized it before....


Katie marveled at our conversation.
I think she said, "You two are the same."




It sure is good to have him home.



Encourage one another,
Donna

p.s I will try to get some pictures today.
Can you imagine...I didn't take one picture all day yesterday.
That's a first!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello. So nice to see you. Would you like to leave a comment? Be very kind.