Saturday, June 13, 2009

Freckles



DSC_1813-2

A Fairy Song

by William Shakespeare

Over hill, over dale,
Thorough bush, thorough brier,
Over park, over pale,
Thorough flood, thorough fire!
I do wander everywhere,
Swifter than the moon's sphere;
And I serve the Fairy Queen,
To dew her orbs upon the green;
The cowslips tall her pensioners be;
In their gold coats spots you see;
Those be rubies, fairy favours;
In those freckles live their savours;
I must go seek some dewdrops here,
And hang a pearl in every cowslip's ear.



DSC_1815-2bw






DSC_1806-2

"Squirrel"


Katie's freckles grow like dandelions.
The bright spring sun makes them pop out all over.
After a day in the yard or at the pool they almost glow in the dark.


DSC_1795-2

After Emma saw this picture she wanted to try a little experiment.
I think because Katie's face looks so slim in the picture, Emma saw herself in her little sister.

DSC_1824-2


A sister can be seen as someone who is both ourselves and very much not ourselves - a special kind of double.
~Toni Morrison


Of two sisters one is always the watcher, one the dancer.
~Louise Glück


Sisters
Sisters: 11 years apart.


I don't know that I think they look alike. But I think they have similar features, if that makes any sense.

I love them both with all my heart and that is something I do know.


I wonder if my boys would let me do a side by side study of them.

I should ask.



Wishing you all a lovely weekend.



Encourage one another,
Donna

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello. So nice to see you. Would you like to leave a comment? Be very kind.