Monday, June 15, 2009

For a long time I have wanted a school map.
The pull down kind, I remember.

I used to search and price them over at Ebay.

But I chickened out and never bid on one.

Our father pinned up the maps that came with National Geographic Magazine.
Those nice maps.

I think I get my love of maps from him.

Our son, Patrick, LOVES maps too. He pins maps up on his walls.
I can't wait for him to see this new, school map.
I will leave it to him when I die.



Then last Saturday, when we were too early for church, we stopped at a store we had never been in before.

Unearthed.

Enearthed:the website


As soon as we walked in the door, I spotted the map.

I looked for the price.

The price was right. The size was great. The quality was super.

So we bought it.

DSC_1840


We put it up on Saturday.

The United States is right in the middle.

This made me smile.




***


Patrick and I watched Gran Torino.

The main character played by Clint Eastwood is very rough with a foul mouth. Let's just call him Archie Bunker on Steroids.

But the story was good and the dialog was at times quite funny.

It was one of the better movies we have seen lately.

We did not care for Big Night or She's Not that into You.
Big yawns. Both of them.


Hey! That could be my trademark.

Cheers or Yawns.



****

A few weeks ago my blog-sistah Susan wrote a tutorial on Silhouettes.

Here they are...


Susan's Silhouette Tutorial: Part 1

Susan's Silhouette Tutorial: The Sequel


So after a few failed attempts....

I got a few winners Saturday night.


DSC_1906-2

In the land of big trees, it was necessary to make Katie stand on the top of the car.

She wasn't too sure what to think about this at first.


DSC_1918-22

But she got comfy, real quick.


DSC_1915-2

Everybody was Kung Fu fighting!!!


DSC_1928-2

And a little air guitar.

Very fun.


***


Oh yes.

I have finished Phase One of the Fat Flush.

My total weight loss for two weeks is 13 pounds.

I now start phase two. I get to add one healthy carb this week.

And so it goes.



***


Emma has had many high school graduations to attend.

She looked especially cute.

DSC_1862-2

Camera: Nikon D700
Exposure: 1/3200 sec
Aperture: f/1.6
Focal Length: 50 mm
ISO Speed: 400


DSC_1879-2




That it will never come again is what makes life so sweet
~Emily Dickinson





The best things in life are nearest: Breath in your nostrils, light in your eyes, flowers at your feet, duties at your hand, the path of right just before you. Then do not grasp at the stars, but do life's plain, common work as it comes, certain that daily duties and daily bread are the sweetest things in life.
~Robert Louis Stevenson








Encourage one another,
Donna

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello. So nice to see you. Would you like to leave a comment? Be very kind.